Pages

I Am A Woman

I am a woman. I am strong. I carry loads known to no one I endure pain known to no man I keep confindences sacred to many Secrets that are not mine Yet known by only I I withstand heartache seen by no eye I fight battles fought by no man I am a woman I wear a face so brave Look each in the eye Carry my head high Hold my shoulders back And speak with a voice firm I am strong I am a woman I am a woman I am weak I am afraid of the dark I am afraid of spiders - and lizards Even when I would rather not ask I find myself in need I am without strength of muscle I am unlike a man  I am a woman Alone, Sometimes I cry I am tender of heart And speak with a voice so soft I'll cry in a movie And feel sorry for a beaten robber on the streets I am a woman I am intelligent I'll speak wisdom Yet lose my temper at the drop of a hat I'll throw childlike tantrums Yes, I am a woman I am a grown-up I like teddy bears A flower will make me smile A bar of chocolate will melt my heart A cuddle will end my wars I am weak I am a woman I am a woman At my feet life is brought in to this world At my feet young minds are formed, men and women are made At my feet the world is shaped For I am a woman The compass of the home The hand that nurtures The heart that builds I am a woman I am strong When life's tide is high And it's rosy stalk full of thorns I may cry Silent tears full of pride Still I'll wear my armor of bravery Fasten it in place with a smile For I am a woman The glue that holds it all together I walk with a light step I am also firm I falter I also deliver I cry out in pain Still I endure to the end I am weak, I am strong I am a woman


Au revoir! Much Love,
         Katerina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...