Pages

Polka Purple II

As promised (months ago!) here, here's the full polka purple outfit. I'm making an extra effort to wear bright colours lately as I've been down in the dumps for way too long and my mood needs a lift. Bright colours like purple add some elation to life.

Unlike Facebook, it's harder on one's blog to pretend all is merry, perhaps because there's more writing done; and not just a few one-liners, a smiley and a LOL as one would do on Facebook. Unless of course the plan is to blog about the turmoil, then the writing would be easier. There's something about sorrow that makes it hard to hold back once you start pouring out your heart. So of course - as happens when I'm not feeling up to the writing - I've got a number of drafts, all waiting for that emotional/spiritual lift that'll have me up again. For now I'm resorting to the things that make me smile, without fail. One of those, no doubt, being fashion (exciting news here!). And here's to purple, more bright colours, smiles (real and fake) and happiness (real).

 Polka Purple II
Polka Purple III 

Blouse - TM Lewin 
Skirt - Playlife 
Shoes - Clarks 
Watch - DKNY 
Belt & Ring - Bargain buys (Do some people call that vintage too? :-P ) Fun facts about this outfit:
  • The fabric of the skirt itches when the lining slips, and in public one just can't scratch one's own itch!
  • The Clarks - I hear some people in certain parts of the world ridicule Clarks. Not I. I agree with those that say Clarks are so comfy for work, and I take mine out when I know my day is going to be filled with lots of walking. Thing is by the end of the day, my faithful Clarks aren't so faithful any more, and they don't do much for my dainty feet and the little cones. Still, I love them. Red shoes are just lovely and ultra feminine.

Au revoir! Much Love,
         Katerina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...