Pages

How To ... What!? No To Negativity

While browsing the web for some useful insight into blogging professionally I came across a WikiHow article on 'how to dissuade yourself from becoming a blogger.' What? Yeah, my sentiments exactly. It's not the kind of insight I was looking for but I really couldn't stop myself from clicking the link just to see how persuasive this dissuasion article was. "The article went ahead to list the steps one should follow to avoid the dreadful compulsion to blog. Ha. Step two stood out (for all the wrong reasons), it went thus:

"Consider that your voice, even if it is truly a good one, is a tiny peep against the massive wave of tripe out there. The odds of anyone you don't already know finding your blog are low."

Apparently this author figured such kind advice should talk anyone into resisting the urge to get into blogging, which I have found to be a beautiful world of self-expression, sharing and never ending learning. This person's how-to made me wonder at the odds that anyone would look up a how-to on not to blog. The irony.

On the positive side, there are more 'how to become a blogger' articles out there than there are ' how to dissuade yourself from becoming a blogger' articles. I don't see why anyone would attempt to talk well-meaning folks ( lol, the bloggers I've met are all well meaning, do ill-intentioned ones exist?) into believing that their voice is only but 'a tiny peep.'

It makes me feel for all people of low self-esteem out there. Sometimes there can be so much negativity going around, and as long as there's no harm in it I feel everyone deserves some support and a pat on the back for whatever it is they may want to venture into. Am I over-reacting? I don't think so, though. I'm a firm believer in all-shall-have-their-say and not hiding one's light under a bushel.

March on Bloggers! And you too, Go-getters!


Au revoir! Much Love,
         Katerina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...