From what I've learnt, there are some rules to be followed upon receiving the award, which Janice in her true JAM style :) has tweaked a bit:
- Thank the person that nominated you by linking back to them in your post.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 bloggers for the award (some say 7, 12 and others 15); Janice chose 8, guess I'll have to decide.
- Drop them a note to let them know.
And the love goes on and on... . So, now for the tough part:
7 Random Facts About Me
- I speak three foreign languages; English, French, and Gujarati. Well, not so fluent in the latter, but never for the life of me did I ever think I could/would ever learn and/or speak an Indian dialect.
- I've always wanted to play the violin. Whether I eventually will, is a different matter altogether. I did take guitar lessons once, though. Then the instructor decided to make a disappearance act, and well, that ended my music stint. Still, hope lives on.
- I'm more of a peas person than I am a beef person.
- I still hope to one day hit a fashion runway or two in Paris.
- I'm terrified of questions in the superlative: 'what is your favourite dish?' 'what music do you love best?' 'what is your best memory to-date?' I just don't know what to do with such questions, and my brain freezes... a bit like that clumsy feeling you get when being watched at a certain task and find yourself getting wrong something you're usually perfect at.
- I want to write a novel some day. Or win the BBC short story award. Now that would be an accomplishment! Sigh.
- The population of Yoruba in Nigeria has the highest rate of multiple births (twins, et cetera). It's attributed to their high consumption of a certain type of yams. Let's just say I plan to emulate them (their yam consumption), for obvious reasons. :-)
And now for the Lovely Blog Award Nominees .... Drum roll please!
And now to the final part, I'm off to pass on the love to these lovely bloggers.